Information we collect about you
- Aura collects and uses your email address(es) for purposes such as sending self-published and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, notifications, etc.
- Aura collects contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address(es) primarily for billing and other internal purposes.
- Aura stores credit card information and credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway. Aura endeavors to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- Aura may collect personal information if you provide it in the form of feedback or comments, post it in inquiries or responses, or if you contact Aura directly. Please do not post any personal information in inquiries as this is strictly prohibited.
- Aura Web logs collect standard Web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help Aura to diagnose problems with its servers, to administer the Aura site, and to otherwise provide service to you.
- When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
How do you get my consent?
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
- If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: Aura Group LLC
How we use or disclose the information we collect
- Aura may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- Aura does not engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- Aura does not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes after receiving notice that you do not wish to receive such communications..
- Aura may also disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce its Terms of Service; respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Aura, its users, or the general public.
- Unless you specify that you would prefer not to hear from us, we may use the email address you provide at the time of registration to contact you for our promotional or other purposes. You may have these communications terminated at any time by opting out through your member profile on the applicable site, or by clicking on any “unsubscribe” link contained in a promotional email.
- Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
Privacy protection and security
- All inquiries and responses (postings) are stored in Aura and/or Shopify databases, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- That information which is stored on Shopify databases and/or services is subject to Shopify’s policies regarding use, storage and protection, as more fully set forth in Shopify’s policies located on the Shopify.com website. Aura accepts no responsibility or liability, whatsoever, for any harm, injury, damage, or loss caused by Shopify, Inc.
- Aura Web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- It is possible that search engines and other sites not affiliated with Aura may archive or otherwise make available Aura postings.
- Registered Aura users can access and update their account information through the account homepage.
- Aura, or people who post on Aura, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. Aura is not responsible for, nor does it have any control over, the privacy policies of those third-party websites. Aura encourages all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
Other situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions, or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- If you have an online consumer account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
- Aura does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18. If Aura learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 18, Aura will remove that post.
- Here is a list of cookies that we use. We have listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Visiting our website from outside the United States
- By visiting the Aura website and providing Aura with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Aura it may use the data collected in the course of your relationship with Aura for the purposes identified in this policy or in other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing Aura with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
How to contact us
We welcome your feedback on this document. Please feel free to contact us here:
6030 Daybreak Circle, A150/358
Clarksville, MD 21029